James and I flew home to California for a few days to spend Christmas with my family (minus one brother). The week was filled with lots of friends, family, food, and workouts. Both James and I spent the last few days hobbling around, we should probably step up the gym time at home…oops.
Here’s our week in photos…(because I got a new camera that does lots of new fun things):
Does your family have any funky holiday traditions?
In the Berghoff home our most exciting one is that we each draw from a hat the dish we’ll be making for Christmas dinner. Experimentation is the name of the Berghoff Christmas game and we ended up with an array of holiday delights (but I think daddy-o took the cake with his home-made ginger beer. Woo).
We loved spending time with our California family but missed our Utah family lots too. We’re excited to spend our first New Years together and are excited for the changes and milestones that are coming in 2012 (and hopefully the airline will find our lost luggage)!
1. Cut your nails in the library (and leaving them on the floor)
2. Listen to Busta Rhymes on the computer next to someone trying to feverishly finish their capstone paper at volume 100 so every “baby mama” and “I finna get paid” is audible
3. Loudly discussing the status of your mailed transcripts with your mother in Arkansas in the middle of the computer lab (or the people around you will get up and relocate)
4. Leave your phone in your husband’s car during an unusually long study group so at midnight he thinks you’ve been kidnapped by Christmas elves
1. Pass out peppermint chocolates every 30 minutes during a two hour written exam on hegemony and marxist capitalism (thank you Dr. M)
2. Let the dishes pile up in your sink so high that you eat food out of their left over containers with your fingers instead of looking for a plate and fork
3. Watch Modern Family during study breaks to maintain sanity